Alicia Silverstone’s Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup(s) of Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cup(s) of crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup(s) of graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
- 1/4 cup(s) of maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1 cup(s) of grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup(s) of soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4 cup(s) of chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.)
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan.
- Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving